Director, Power of Nursing (PON)
- - ISHI
- Dayton, OH, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive salary and excellent full-time benefits, including Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, PTO, Tuition Remission with Wright State University and a generous 7.5% company contribution to employee 401(a).
General Summary: An exempt, management position responsible for directing the national dissemination of a nursing curriculum, The Power of Nursing (PON).
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Collaborating with the RISHI Director on a strategic plan for disseminating the PON course to nursing schools and faculty, nursing residency training programs, and nurses in the workforce.
2. Networking with local and national nursing leaders to form strategic professional relationships.
3. Coordinating and staffing the PON Faculty Development Training for nursing educators.
4. Directing and teaching in the PON Faculty Development Training for nursing educators.
5. Organizing and managing a PON National Training Team for onsite training of nurses in the workforce.
6. Designing and implementing models of revenue generation and sustainability for PON; in collaboration with the RISHI Director and Founding Director.
7. Organizing and chairing semi-annual meetings of the PON National Advisory Board.
8. Consulting with trained PON faculty as they implement the RISHI PON curriculum.
9. Supervise the collection of PON outcome data from participating PON training sites.
10. Writing and collaborating in writing articles for nursing publications.
11. Developing the PON webpages and social media for dissemination of PON.
12. Collaboratively writing and reviewing RISHI PON grant proposals with other nurse scholars and The Center for the Study of the Healer's Art (CHSA).
13. Collaborating with the RISHI Operations Director in the hiring and annual evaluation of the PON Administrative Assistant.
14. Daily supervision of the PON Administrative Staff.
15. Nominating and presenting additional members of the PON Advisory Board for approval by the RISHI Director and Founding Director.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Education/Certifications: Master's degree in nursing and current Ohio Nursing License required. PhD in nursing or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of postgraduate nursing experience in a clinical, teaching and/or academic setting.
Other Requirements: The employee is expected to protect the privacy of all patient/client information in accordance with Wright State Physicians privacy policies, procedures and practices as required by Federal (and State) law and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a health care provider.