Medical Receptionist (3 openings)
- - Family Medicine
- Dayton, OH, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive salary and excellent full-time benefits, including Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, PTO, Tuition Remission with Wright State University and a generous 7.5% company contribution to employee 401(a).
General Summary: A non-exempt, clerical position responsible for receiving incoming telephone calls in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner and greeting/assisting visitors in the same manner.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Promptly and professionally answers telephone calls and routes calls appropriately, offering voice mail, paging, or redirection of calls as needed.
2. Greets, registers and assists patients as appropriate. Phones or pages employees to meet patients; directs visitors to appropriate waiting areas, and appropriately screens solicitors for relevance to organization needs.
3. Explains financial requirements to the patients or responsible parties and collects copays/outstanding balances as required.
4. Provides front desk coverage and handles patient registration, scheduling, check in/check out.
5. Serves as liaison between patients and medical staff.
6. Generates fee tickets; prints patient receipts.
7. Balances daily cash batches and cash drawer; prepares daily deposits.
8. Opens and processes mail; date stamps all labs, reports and other pertinent medical papers and distributes to physicians' inboxes.
9. Responsible for all incoming faxes and distribution, files, prepares new charts and pulls charts for upcoming appointments.
10. Enters and updates patient demographics and insurance information.
11. Presents notice of privacy practices, obtains acknowledgement, and verifies privacy paperwork is on file.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Education/Certifications: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 1-3 years' experience in customer service or reception, preferably in a health care environment. Must have proven clinical and data entry experience.
Other Requirements: The employee is expected to protect the privacy of all patient/client information in accordance with Wright State Physicians privacy policies, procedures and practices as required by Federal (and State) law and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a health care provider.