- - OB/GYN
- Dayton, OH, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive salary and excellent full-time benefits, including Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, PTO, Tuition Remission with Wright State University and a generous 7.5% company contribution to employee 401(a).
General Summary: A non-exempt position responsible for providing primary care to patients, including assessment, treatment, care planning, and medical care evaluation in accordance with broad based operating systems and standing or specific medical orders.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Works with reproductive endocrinologist to coordinate and monitor the care of patients undergoing infertility treatments.
2. Coordinates schedules for Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility physician(s), infertility patients, and appropriate partnered labs for andrology and IVF.
3. Educates patients regarding upcoming procedures and/or treatments.
4. Reports cycle data to appropriate national organizations as required.
5. Collaborates with other office staff to provide continuity of care for patients.
6. Documents patient assessment and intervention data using established medical record forms/automated systems and documentation practices.
7. Schedules surgeries and tests as ordered by physician.
8. Updates and monitors patient tissue samples and updates appropriate spreadsheets.
9. Acts as liaison for missing charges and works with revenue cycle to obtain missing documents.
10. Reviews and updates protocols, attends weekly IVF and daily lab meetings.
11. Works in collaboration with physician and partnered labs to obtain patient consents for care and ensures patient confidentiality. Obtains and documents health history, information on chief complaint, vital signs, and health risk factors and assesses disease condition. Provides patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
12. Executes prescribed treatments and medical interventions, administers prescribed medications, and monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response. Refers to/consults with physicians, other health providers, and community resources to prevent/resolve problems or concerns. Educates patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions. Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and confidentiality policies.
13. Triages incoming telephone calls; provides instruction to patient and family regarding treatment.
14. Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatment; maintains accounting of pharmaceutical samples; controlled drugs.
15. Shares team responsibilities to meet the clinical operational needs and assists with cross coverage as needed. Acts as liaison with equipment vendors, hospital, Federal and state regulatory offices.
16. Provides assistance to clinical staff by organizing files, projects, data, etc.
17. Other duties as assigned.
Education/Certifications: RN with BA/BS or BSN. Completion of nursing training from an accredited school of nursing. Current state registered nurse license. Must possess current health records with the appropriate immunizations to work in the health care field (hepatitis B and tuberculosis).
Experience: 1-3 years professional nursing experience in OB/GYN or Reproductive Endocrinology. Clinic or medical office setting experience preferred. Case management experience preferred.
Other Requirements: The employee is expected to protect the privacy of all patient/client information in accordance with Wright State Physicians privacy policies, procedures, and practices as required by Federal (and State) law and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a health care provider.