Senior Administrative Assistant
- - Surgery
- Dayton, OH, USA
- Full Time
General Summary: A non-exempt position providing primary administrative assistance to the Chairperson's and Business Administrator's Office and is responsible for assisting department with daily coordination of medical educational activities.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Manages the complex calendar for the Department Chair and Business Administrator by arranging and confirming appointments and meetings including rescheduling when needed.
2. Organizes, schedules and arranges a wide variety of meetings, varying in magnitude and complexity; coordinates calendars, formulates agendas, prepares meeting materials, and arranges logistics (i.e., transportation, lodging, room, food service, etc.). Attend meeting and prepare minutes when requested.
3. Partners with other support staff on an ongoing basis to coordinate multiple demanding calendars, while ensuring that critical meetings are scheduled and fundraising objectives are met.
4. Maintains complex databases. Compiles and manipulates data, summarizes findings and prepare reports. Extracts and compiles a range of data from written sources, individuals, and/or databases. Pulls together mailings.
5. Develops advanced presentation materials; independently prepares complex documentation, reports, charts, graphs, and spreadsheets when requested.
6. Composes, proofreads and edits correspondences for internal or external circulation. Assembles attachments and corresponding material. Reviews outgoing material for completeness.
7. Assists in developing budgets, monitors expenditures, and reconciles financial statements. Investigates discrepancies and processes corrective action.
8. Processes check requests; assists with departmental research and budgeting. Processes donor contributions and prepare gift remittance forms from the WSU Foundation.
9. This position may supervise and direct the work of other administrative assistants in the department.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Education/Certifications: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. A high school diploma is required; further business education preferred.
Experience: 3- 5 years of directly related senior/executive administrative experience and supporting senior management, academic or healthcare setting preferred.
1. Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and Power Point
2. Proficiency in database management
3. Ability to type accurately (55 wpm).
4. Ability to manage calendar software
5. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities and meet short deadlines.
6. Excellent grammar, composition and spelling skills; Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Ability to work occasional weekend and evening hours
Other Requirements: The employee is expected to protect the privacy/confidentiality of all student/client/patient information in accordance with Wright State Physicians privacy policies, procedures and practices as required by Federal (and State) law and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a health care provider.