- - Surgery
- Dayton, OH, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive salary and excellent full-time benefits, including Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, PTO, Tuition Remission with Wright State University and a generous 7.5% company contribution to employee 401(a).
General Summary: A non-exempt position responsible for assisting department with daily coordination of medical educational activities.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Administration of the residency/fellowship training program and accreditation. Prepare for accreditation, reviews and site visits. Coordinate orientations, for residents and faculty. Compile and submit reports to required committees, boards and organizations. Assists in preparation of contracts. Filter and answer inquiries from present and past residents and process verification request. Will oversee preparation and administration of the annual In-Training Exam.
2. Recruitment and interviews. Develops recruitment plans, screens applicants, coordinates correspondence to and from candidates, and schedules interviews utilizing the ERAS system. Daily demonstration of initiative and problem solving skills in applying detailed knowledge of medical education programs.
3. Record keeping for all residency related programs. Maintain trainee records, follow guidelines for risk management, monitor certification/licensure, and track program alumni, when appropriate. Filter and answer inquiries from present and past trainees
4. Financial management of program. Through department director, submits requests for business related purchases, manage budget accounts for program, secure best pricing through recommended organizational vendors, reconcile ledgers/statements, and expenditures of money. Will promptly process resident requests for reimbursement.
5. Evaluation and database system. Create, maintain and refine the evaluation system (New Innovations-RMS) for trainees and will address and resolve programming issues that occur.
6. Composes correspondence, prepares reports, financial spreadsheets and disseminates to appropriate individuals.
7. Other duties as assigned
Education/Certifications: Minimum associate's degree required or a combination of four years' experience and/or TAGME certification. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of four (4) years related experience required. GME experience desired.
Other Requirements: The employee is expected to protect the privacy/confidentiality of all student information in accordance with Wright State Physicians privacy policies, procedures and practices as required by Federal (and State) law and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a health care provider.