- - Corporate
- Dayton, OH, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive salary and excellent full-time benefits, including Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, PTO, Tuition Remission with Wright State University and a generous 7.5% company contribution to employee 401(a).
General Summary: An exempt position collaborating with Wright State University on research, publications and statistical analysis.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Conducts research in the Department of Population and Public Health Sciences and pursues research collaborations with public health and health care partners.
2. Collaborates with faculty and students within the Department of Population and Public Health Sciences in conducting research, including submission of grant applications and scholarly activity resulting in refereed journal publications.
3. Plans and carries out all aspects of statistical analysis.
4. Teaches courses in the Master of Public Health Program, which includes biostatistics and/or epidemiology courses and will have the opportunity to develop new courses that meet the needs of students.
5. Develops grant proposals.
6. Mentors junior researchers.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Education/Certifications: PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics, Epidemiology, or a related field – all requirements completed anticipated by the time of appointment.
Experience: Five years of experience in biostatistics or epidemiology, in particular, quantitative and scientific problems arising in substance use disorders and research. Evidence of productivity resulting from previous sustained collaborative research (e.g., peer-reviewed publications, participation in writing grant applications, abstracts, posters, presentations, reports, or other products).
Other Requirements: The employee is expected to protect the privacy of all patient/client information in accordance with Wright State Physicians privacy policies, procedures, and practices as required by Federal (and State) law in accordance with HIPAA and general principles of professionalism as a health care provider.