Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- - Family Medicine
- Dayton, OH, USA
- Full Time
- Competitive salary and excellent full-time benefits, including Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, PTO, Tuition Remission with Wright State University and a generous 7.5% company contribution to employee 401(a).
General Summary: A non-exempt position responsible for providing nursing care under the direction of physicians.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Obtains, verifies, and records health history of patients. Gathers pertinent health data through physical assessments and biological samples. Collects specimens for laboratory analysis.
2. Provides basic patient care as ordered. Administers medications and treatments as directed. Assists other health care professionals in performing exams, diagnostic procedures and treatments, and minor medical procedures. Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and confidentiality policies.
3. Documents assessments, interventions, patient/family responses, dispensed/prescribed medication, and test results in medical records.
4. Promotes wellness by providing patient education materials and communicating physician advice/instructions.
5. Triages incoming telephone calls; provides instructions to patient and family regarding treatment.
6. Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatment; maintains accounting of pharmaceutical samples and controlled drugs.
7. Schedules surgeries and tests as needed and ordered by physician.
8. Shares team responsibilities to meet clinical operational needs and assists with cross coverage as needed.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Education/Certifications: High school diploma or equivalent; graduation from an approved practical nursing program; state-licensed practical nurse. Must possess current health records with the appropriate immunizations to work in the health care field (hepatitis B and tuberculosis).
Experience: 1-3 years LPN experience; clinic or medical office experience.
Other Requirements: The employee is expected to protect the privacy of all patient/client information in accordance with Wright State Physicians privacy policies, procedures, and practices as required by Federal (and State) law and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a health care provider.